Tuesday, February 09, 2010

2010 Red Sox Projections - RF

This is post nine in a series of posts previewing the 2010 Red Sox.

2009 vs. 2010 Red Sox - RF:
2009 - J.D. Drew
2010 - J.D. Drew

Another position where the Red Sox are returning the same player. Unlike second base, however, we cannot reasonably expect J.D. Drew to take 96% of the at-bats. So I've got Drew at 75% of the RF at-bats, with Jeremy Hermida replacing Rocco Baldelli and inheriting the other 25%.

Drew remains an excellent all-around player, albeit one who tends to disappoint those who judge players on RBI, temper tantrums and thrown helmets and bats.

Red Sox 2009 vs. 2010 - CF
PlayerABRunsHits2B3BHRRBIBBIBBHBPKSBCSSHSFGDPBAOBASPctOPSRCRC/25
J.D. Drew (marcel)433771162641863755310044149.269.377.472.85077.35.78
Jeremy Hermida (marcel)14519396051816113510002.269.350.434.78422.04.98
J.D. Drew (PECOTA)433751112621663725310322149.257.365.442.80770.95.24
Jeremy Hermida (PECOTA)14520398052017113710002.269.351.453.80422.85.13

2009 RF57810416334532888755138361411.282.378.524.903111.06.35
2010 RF (marcel)5789615532423819164135541411.269.371.463.83499.45.58
2010 RF (PECOTA)5789615034322848964140331411.260.362.445.80693.75.22

Both of the projections see a decline. This is not surprising, as Drew is headed in to his age 34 season. But there's no particular reason to expect a cliff, and there's no reason not to expect another productive season from Drew.

2010 RF projection: Age related decline. Net small downgrade

Previous entries:
Introduction
Catcher
1B
2B
3B
SS
LF
CF

Labels: ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home

Links to this post

Links to this post:

Create a Link