Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tampa 9, Boston 8

A couple of quick notes:

  • I just finished watching the game. Sort of. It ran so long that, despite the fact I told my DVR to record two hours past the 11:30 program end, I missed the last play. Not that I wanted to see it.


  • I groaned when they said that Timlin was warming up. I think he's done, and shouldn't be on the roster.


  • I'm a big Francona fan, but he had a bad night last night*. I thought it was a mistake to send Beckett back out for the 5th, and I cannot understand why Masterson only pitched 2/3 of an inning. This is a kid who started the year as a starter, he and Papelbon are the last good relievers available, the game is tied in the 8th - there's no telling how long it's going to go, and you're going to burn Papelbon with Masterson having only retired two batters? Mistake.


  • It would have been less frustrating if they hadn't tied the game in the 8th...





* - I don't criticize the manager - ever - after the fact. These were criticisms of the moves that I made AT THE TIME. Criticizing moves just because they didn't work is unfair. I criticize moves that I thought bad before knowing the outcomes.

Labels: , , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home