Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I did not want this...

When Alex Gonzalez 3rd inning HR off of Pedro Martinez settled into the Monster seats, Don Orsillo announced that "if you're a Red Sox fan, this is just what you wanted."

Nope. Not at all. Not even a little bit.

I remain a huge Pedro fan. I was telling my kids as we were riding home from Karate how lucky I've been as a baseball fan. I got to watch 11 years of Roger Clemens pitching for my team, and, unbelievable as it is, they upgraded. Pedro Martinez has given me as much pleasure as anyone in a baseball uniform ever has, and I did not want to see him embarassed like this.

I certainly didn't want him to throw a no-hitter or a shut-out. I certainly wanted the Red Sox to win. I didn't want Pedro to leave with a win tonight.

But neither did I want to watch him walk off the mound in the 3rd with an embarassing 8-0 deficit. I'm not enjoying this. (I'd enjoy it slightly less if the score were reversed, but still...)

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home