Tuesday, June 06, 2006

13-5

Last night, in Yankee Stadium, was ugly. I can say this without fear of contradiction, regardless of the fact that I didn't see a minute of it. (I see virtually all the games, but I was at black belt class until about 9:30 last night, and it was 13-3 when I turned the radio on - it didn't seem worth the effort to start it up on the DVR when I got home.) Josh Beckett got pummeled, the Red Sox got pummeled, the trolls that infest the Red Sox message boards are in their glory right now.

And it counts for one (1) game in the standings. That's it. It was one game. It happens.

Frankly, had that happened in the David Pauley start, I wouldn't give it a second thought. It's a little bit concerning that it happened to Beckett, who, record aside, has not pitched well. That was his 3rd (and worst) "disaster" start, and even in his good starts, he's benefited from good run support and good defensive support.

The last time that the Yankees hammered the Red Sox like that was on October 16, 2004. They came into Fenway and pounded the Sox 19-8. If I'm not mistaken - and I'm not - that was the last Yankee win and last Red Sox loss of the year. Which just goes to show that these things don't carry over. They last 9 innings, and, "after all," to quote young Mrs. O'Hara Kennedy Butler, "tomorrow is another day..."

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home