Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Foulke to the DL, Schilling to the 'pen...

So Keith Foulke's headed to the DL - Curt Schilling's headed to the bullpen. The Foulke thing had to happen. He'd gone through a stretch where he looked fine. But that's ended. They could not keep running him out there. Whether the problem's actually in his landing knee or his throwing head, 4 weeks on the DL can't do anything but possibly help.

As to the Schilling move, I love it. I've wondered about the possibility, and I love the fact that the organization is imaginative enough to try it. You want someone to miss bats and throw strikes in the late innings. Clement does the former, Wells does the latter. Schilling does both.

I don't know if it will work. But I love the fact that they're going to look at it. Not that it will necessarily turn out to be a great move - I just love that they've got the imagination and guts to try it. It makes all kinds of sense. They've got competent starting pitching, they've got a dominant pitcher with a leg issue, who may be able to go dominant for an inning or two at a time. I love what it says about the organization.

Even if it turns out to be a disaster (which I don't expect)...

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home