Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Right now, the chant is true...

The Baseball Crank is looking at why the Yankees are underachieving his pre-season projections. I haven't fully examined the EWSL that he's using, but looking back to his pre-season numbers, the one thing I'll say is this - I think any projection that had Carl Pavano the equal of Mike Mussina was overly-optimistic about Pavano. Particularly in that situation in New York, with that defense behind him.

I was in the minority in the pre-season when I said that the Red Sox' pitching was better than they Yankee's.
as good as Pavano and Wright were last year (and they were both excellent), I don't trust either one of them to come close to repeating what look like career years...I think that the Yankees just paid big money to two guys coming off of serious fluke career years.

But overall, the Yankee pitching has been even worse than I expected.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home