Monday, November 01, 2010

"I promise that I won't fix Social Security, but my opponent might..."

I am not certain whether I'm more amused or frightened by how many Democrats are running ads promising to not do ANY of the things that might actually "fix" the already bankrupt Social Security system. Actuarially and demographically speaking, the math just doesn't work. People retiring and taking full benefits at age 65 are taking far more out of the system than they ever paid in, and there are fewer workers supporting more retirees every year. If something can't go on indefinitely, it's a good bet that it won't go on indefinitely, but there's a lot of advertising out there promising that it will...

(Yes, I'm looking at you, Barney Frank, and you, Chellie Pingree, and you're not alone...)

Labels: , , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home