Friday, October 22, 2010

The Selfless Wonk - disconnected from reality

He's taken more victory laps (and vacations) than necessary, from my point-of-view...

The Selfless Wonk
President Obama laments:


“I think that one of the challenges we had two years ago is that we had to move so fast. We were in such emergency mode that it was very difficult for us to spend a lot of time doing victory laps and advertising what we were doing because we were moving on to the next thing. I take some responsibility for that.
Hey, at least he's taking some responsibility for something.

Honestly, he sounds like Michael Scott on The Office, interviewing with David Wallace for the job in New York.
DW:  What are your greatest strengths as a manager?
MS:  Why don't I tell you what my greatest weaknesses are?  I work too hard, I care too much, and sometimes I can be too invested in my job.
DW:  OK...And your strengths?
MS:   Well, my weaknesses are actually strengths...
This photoshop (and I don't know who did it, else I'd attribute it) is over a year old, but as appropriate as ever...

Labels: , , , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home