Wednesday, November 04, 2009

My apologies

I spent the day driving people hither and yon, and every time I sat down to start writing, I was focused on a different topic. I'll get y'all something tomorrow, I promise. (Probably not first thing in the morning, though.)

Some of the topics which I may or may not touch on:
  • Virginia results - two thumbs up.


  • New Jersey results - two thumbs way, way up.


  • The spin on NY-23 from the White House is laughable.


  • I'm glad the people of Maine voted "yes" on question 1.


  • I fear, however, that it's a temporary respite. Let's face it - the gay-marriage advocates aren't going to stop until they get it, and they're eventually going to get it.


  • I have yet to see a single argument in favor of that position. I see lots of "fairness and equality for all!" messages, but that's a campaign slogan, not an argument, and is based on at least two unsupported assumptions. (Tune in tomorrow if you're curious about what those are. I'll try to get to them.)


  • The "noes" on 2 & 4 are just depressing. Somehow, the independent Yankees of down-east have been domesticated over the past couple of generations into docile wards of the state. "Thank you sir, may I have another! You take my money - I'll do without, and you'll take care of me later, right?" Very sad.


Really, I do apologize for not getting something out today. God knows that there was plenty to post, and I did a horrible job focusing on getting something done for you. But, after all, tomorrow is another day.

Labels: , , , , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home