Monday, October 20, 2008

I'd rather the Red Sox had won, but this is a silver lining to the loss...

As a sports fan, the Rays are a great story. As a Red Sox fan, I'm disappointed in last night's result. But I just saw a comment over at the Baseball Crank's site that almost makes up for last night. (OK, it doesn't almost make up for last night, but it's fun and amusing anyway.

Commenter MVH says, "It's a great day to be a Yankee fan. Thanks, Rays."

It's now a "great day to be a Yankee fan" when the Red Sox fall short of the World Series. For years and years, I've heard Yankee fans mock Red Sox fans as pathetic losers every time Sox fans were happy to see the Yankees eliminated. By that standard, Yankee fans are now conceding pathetic loser-hood. Well done! We knew it all along, of course, but the additional validation is fun to see. Thank you, MVH - you've brought a smile to my face today...

Labels: ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home