Sunday, April 10, 2005

Odds and ends

  • I've written about the starting pitching. I've written about the position players. I haven't written about the bullpen, but I expect it to be pretty good.

    It hasn't been this week...



    Red Sox bullpen - 1st 5 games
    App.IPH R ER HR BB K WHIPERA

    2014.3320161441162.168.79


  • Chris DiMarco's having a fabulous Masters so far. After bogeying the first hole that he played, he's shot 14 birdies and no bogeys in the last 44 holes. When they suspended play on Saturday night, his lead was 4 over Tiger Woods, who had an outstanding day. Tiger was 11 under (12 birdies, 1 bogey) in his 26 holes on Saturday to move from +2 to -9. I don't know how you could not consider him the favorite at this point.

  • It would be difficult to overstate my lack of interest in the British soap opera that played out yesterday. That said, I did watch a couple of minutes of the coverage that I flipped through yesterday, because they had the service somewhere that I've been before. In 1990 my wife and I spent Christmas week in London, and on Christmas morning, we attended a service at St. George's chapel at Windsor Castle.

  • Bill Clinton - number'n a pounded thumb.
    He could work a crowd. He could build a crowd. He could move a crowd. And whether I agree or disagree with him, this guy is on my side. He cares about me as a human being — as a child of God. That’s what made him great.

    Has there ever been a lower-class or more narcissistic man to hold that office? We're talking about a great spiritual leader, a world leader, a man beloved by millions around the world, and what is Bill Clinton's reaction? "He could work a crowd." A politician complimenting another? Unbelievable. And this: "He cares about me as a human being — as a child of God. That’s what made him great." Right. He wasn't great because he held the standards of the church or helped bring freedom to eastern Europe - he was great because he cared about Bill Clinton as a human being.

  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comment?

    << Home