Friday, February 22, 2013

"This Perfect Day"

I'm curious as to why I'd never heard of Ira Levin's This Perfect Day before it showed up as a Kindle deal-of-the-day last week. I've never seen or read Rosemary's Baby or The Stepford Wives, but I am aware of them and what they are. Obviously, Deathtrap is a great play. But I had never heard of this one. A cross between 1984 and Brave New World and Ayn Rand's Anthem and CS Lewis' The Abolition of Man and That Hideous Strength, it's thought-provoking and very well executed. Having now read a couple of Levin's works (the outstanding mystery thriller A Kiss Before Dying was a deal a few months ago), I can say that Levin was a very good writer...

"Christ, Marx, Wood and Wei, led us to this perfect day..."

Highly recommended. (There's a little bit of adult language and content, but it's neither gratuitous nor pointless.)


Labels: ,

|

1 Comments:

Anonymous Karen Hokansson said...

Glad to see you back in action!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home