Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Thirty years ago today

Thirty years ago today, the Patriots played in Miami on Monday Night Football. And I was watching, and I remember this.



I wasn't a Beatles fan, at that point. (I am now. I don't know that I can really appreciate the impact they had, but they were talented, and much of their music was wonderful.) They broke up when I was seven, so I was too young to have been a fan, and really didn't know anything about them. But I certainly remember hearing Cosell announce this. (Probably just before I filled the woodstove to burn through the rest of the night...)

And my high school band played a Lennon tribute medley at our Christmas concert, which was sometime in the next week or so. (And I conducted part of it in a Santa suit, but that's another story. Which I can't really tell you, because, beyond the bare fact that I did it, I don't remember much about it...)

I don't think much of Lennon, but he was certainly a talented musician, who had a tremendous impact (not all of it good, by any stretch) on many people.

Labels: , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home