Friday, April 02, 2010

"I don't worry about the Constitution on this..."

Meet United States Representative Phil Hare(D-IL).



This is a United States Congressman, a man who took an oath to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." But he doesn't know where the Constitution authorizes the bill that he voted for last week, doesn't know the difference between the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, and doesn't worry about what the Constitution says. DrewM, over at Ace of Spades says, rightly, that "very rarely has so much stupid been packed into just a little more than 3 minutes."

"I believe that is says we have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
"That's the Declaration of Independence."
"It doesn't matter to me. Either one."

...

"Where in the Constitution does it give you the authority to..."
"I don't know. I don't know."

Labels: , , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home