Wednesday, June 03, 2009

It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools...

Dennis Eckersley, during the NESN broadcast tonight, (including a quote Jacoby Ellsbury said earlier in the day), in reference to Ellsbury's OBP and the paucity of walks that he's drawn:
"Well, how do you expect me to walk? They're not trying to walk me - they don't want to walk me, because I'm fast. They don't want me to get on base." So that's why he's had a hard time with his On-Base Percentage.

In 2004, Barry Bonds became the all-time career leader in walks. Anyone know whose record he broke? Who has drawn more walks than anyone in the history of the game other than Barry Bonds?

Rickey Henderson.

Henderson could run a little, too...


You can't fix something if you don't recognize it as a problem.

Labels: , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home