Thursday, March 27, 2008

I tell you this, so that I can tell you...

"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien"
- Voltaire

In English, "the best is the enemy of the good" (or, as frequently cited, "the perfect is the enemy of the good.")

Why am I starting a post with that quote? Because it describes what has happened to me several times in the last couple of months. I have something I want to say, something I think could be good or interesting. And then, when I start, there's more that needs to be researched, more that needs to be said, and nothing's ever finished and ready to post. Which is silly.

So, in order to provide full value for my reader's entertainment dollar, I have made a commitment to stop attempting perfection, and start posting frequent, short and (probably) lousy posts!

OK, that's not true. (I hope)

But I do want to touch on something I wanted to write about a while ago, and, while it won't have everything I want to say, it will have some of what I want to see. More importantly, it will set a framework for discussion of various issues that have come up before, and will come up again.

OK, having written that, and finished a nice long post, I've decided to break it into two. ;-) So there will be something immediately following this. Quickly.

(Well, unless I think I can make it better by working on it longer. That can't cause problems, can it?)

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home