Friday, November 02, 2007

Celtics Opening Night

I'd love to have more to say about the Celtics right now, but, suffice it to say, I've been looking forward to tonight since the Garnett trade was announced. I don't watch a lot of out-of-market NBA, and the Celtics have been hard to watch, so while I've known that Garnett was one of the best players in the game, I didn't understand his game. The pre-season was a revelation. I believe that a case can be made that he's the best player in the game right now. There has been talk that the supporting cast is weak, and I can't judge the truth of that, but clearly, this is a team that is a threat to win the East. At the very least, they are relevant now, for the first time in close to 20 years.

And I'm looking forward to watching them play with a hope that they'll be playing late into the playoffs, as opposed to the last few years where we were looking for signs that some of them might turn into NBA players at some point. Danny Ainge has taken a lot of abuse, but he did a great job stockpiling assets, and when possibly the best player in the game was available, he had what it took to get him.

Labels: , , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home