Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Disaster relief

As we've all seen from the footage coming out of the gulf coast, the devastation is almost incomprehensible. I've contemplated a dozen different things that I could do today, but none are practical - anyone going into that situation who isn't part of an organized effort is likely to do more harm than good. All we can do, and I encourage everyone to do so, is contribute to the organizations that have the infrastructure to get into the disaster areas and do the job that needs to be done. I'll actually be contributing through two different organizations. The first is World Relief, the humanitarian arm of the National Association of Evangelicals, and an organization that I have trust and confidence in from past experience. The other is the American Red Cross, another trustworthy organization, and one to which my employer will be matching contributions.


Technorati Tags: ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home