Questions for Senate Dems who voted for Obamacare
Washington Post blogger Jen Rubin has a series of (good) questions that the media should be asking Democratic Senators1:
• Did President Obama mislead you about whether people could keep their insurance?My comment is this: Never mind four years ago - two MONTHS ago every Democrat in the Senate was willing to shut down the government to prevent a one-year delay in implementation. Two months ago, they lacked the foresight to see what was obvious from the start, and they were willing to be, if I recall the phrasing correctly, "economic terrorists" and shut down the government, all just to avoid the one-year delay that they're begging for now.
• Did you foresee that many people would be shifted from full-time work to part-time work as a result of Obamacare?
• Did you ever demand an oversight hearing on the progress of the Obamacare rollout?
• Did you expect millions of Americans to have their insurance canceled?
• Did you ever demand assurances that HealthCare.gov would be fully tested and secure from cyber-attacks?
• Did you understand some people would be dropped from coverage and find their only option to be more expensive insurance with poorer coverage?
• Did you expect millions more to have their insurance canceled than to have purchased insurance?
1 - They won't, of course, but they should. If Republicans had created something that was this much of a mess, they would be...