Sunday, January 31, 2010

Deficit spending: Hensarling vs. Obama, Republicans vs. Democrats

President Obama didn't care much for what Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas) had to say the other day, but Hensarling's not backing down:
In anticipation of Obama rolling out his budget proposal Monday, Hensarling's Saturday statement cited Congressional Budget Office statistics putting the average deficit during 12 years of GOP House control at $104 billion and the average deficit under three years of Democratic control at $1.1 trillion.

“The President challenged the facts I presented to him about House Republican budget priorities and Democrat budget priorities," Hensarling said. "I am happy to provide him with the following facts to back-up my statements. I stand by what I said."

Citing the CBO's January monthly budget review, the statement said that the deficit run up in the first three months of FY 2010 -- $390 billion -- was just $22.7 billion short of the worst annual deficit under the GOP.
You all know where I stand on this one.



I hope that the Republicans can get this message to penetrate the media as this election year continues...

Labels: , , , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home