Sunday, March 29, 2009

So now Barack Obama is the chairman of GM's board, too

After all of the abuse heaped upon George Bush over the last 8 years, after the repeated accusations from the Keith Olbermann left of fascism, let me seriously ask the following question. If Barack Obama, the head of state of the United States, can replace the CEO of General Motors, doesn't that make him, by definition, a fascist?

In any event, can anyone offer any compelling reason to think that this course of action (government bails out GM, dictates policy) is likely to be better for the taxpayers of America or the shareholders of GM than GM declaring bankruptcy and re-structuring?

No, I didn't think so.

I suspect that, if I looked very closely at everything this administration has done so far, I could probably find one action or policy to which I was not unutterably opposed. But not much more than that...

Labels: , ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home