Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The "quintessential" Favre

I watched a few minutes of the Packers/Ravens game last night, but just a few, as there was neither good football nor good competition in evidence. But I heard something that made me laugh. At one point, Favre was rolling out to his right, setting up to make a deep throw, and as he was doing so, Al Michaels made the comment that "this is quintessential Favre." Less than four seconds later, the ball, thrown into double coverage, nestled into the arms of one of the defenders for another interception. At which point I just had to laugh. The "quintessential Favre" indeed. I rather suspect that if Michaels had known what would happen to the throw, he'd not have used that terminology, but I thought it covered the case perfectly...

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home