Friday, May 20, 2005

I'm not sure why anyone would care, but...

Following up on a couple of questions in response to Chris (A Large Regular)...


Q: Total volume of music files on my computer:

169 songs, about 750 MB. The vast majority is stuff that I've sung in choir, burned to CD off of tape, and then archived or compiled on the computer. Virtually nothing downloaded, and not much off of albums (though that will change, as I got an iPod for my birthday this week.)

Q: The last CD I bought:

The Magnificat (JS Bach)

Q: Song playing now:

Tiergarten. Tangerine Dream

Q: Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:

I don't listen to "songs" that much. I've been listening a lot to Handel's Messiah, particularly the 2nd and 3rd sections. "I Know That My Redeemer Liveth" and "Worthy Is The Lamb" are meaningful and spectacular, but of course, so is the rest of the oratorio. I've got Mendelssohn's Elijah in the CD player in my car, and the last chorus from that is one of the greatest choruses I've ever sung. When I listen to something a little more recent, I like "One" from U2's Achtung Baby, and "Where The Streets Have No Name" from The Joshua Tree. I stopped listening to FM radio in 1988, and other than U2, I haven't got anything in my collection that was written later than ~1985...

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?

<< Home